× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 power supply

pxg
Aspirant
Aspirant

RN104 power supply

Hello

I have a rn104 but missing power supply. I can't copy data on new storage solution.

I don't find  spare part reference on Netgear documentation.

Have you a corect reference for me or pin indication to find compatible model.

Regards.

Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
pxg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: RN104 power supply

Hello I use a li shin 0129b1280 12V 6.67A on my RN104. The pin 1 and 2 (positive) are on the flat size of the connector (keyed size of the connector if you prefer) The RN104 work correctly Regards.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello pxg,

Welcome to the community!

Please contact support center for warranty.

Regards,

Message 2 of 14
pxg
Aspirant
Aspirant

This NAS seems to old for valid warranty. I just want to buy a correct power supply for this material. Netgear documentation don't give the specifications for this power supply (external power with 4 pins connector) nor the pin assignation for alternate material (ie nas synology power supply). Regards
Message 3 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello pxg,

12V, 7A External 90W; input 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz

that is the specs of the power supply.

Pins or connector differ where the product is being sold or which country you bought it from. 

Regards,

Message 4 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If your unit came without a power supply then you probably got it from a questionable source. The NAS may not be in a working condition.

Message 5 of 14
pxg
Aspirant
Aspirant

The external power supply was lost during the transport. This is actually suspiscious ? To summarize, I need an external power supply to hand the nas on the way and try to get back - if possible - the data. I thus need a corresponding and functional power supply. These characteristics are absent in the documentation and the pictures on the Internet are too indistinct to obtain this information (part number or pin assignation) without your help. Regards.
Message 6 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Ah, now it makes sense.

Hopefully the information that JennC provided helps.

Message 7 of 14
StephenB
Guru

It seems very unlikely that the power input pin assignments on the NAS would depend on geography.  One of the reasons for using a brick is to allow one chassis to be sold worldwide.

In any event, Netgear should provide this information.  Bricks can fail, and users should be able to replace them no matter what their warranty status is.

From an earlier thread ( https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Need-a-new-power-adapter-for-rn10400-100nas/td-... ), there are apparently two Netgear part numbers used - 332-10581-01 and 332-10363-02.   An internal PSU replacement for an older NAS also has the 332-10581-01 part number (which seems really crazy to me btw), so you do need to be cautious on that one. 

Though I don't have the RN104, I believe that the power bricks are also labeled with CAM090121.  If you search on that, you will see a few other possibilities - http://www.laptop-battery.co/black-ac-adapter/4-PIN-DIN-LI-SHIN-0219B1280-CAM090121/A20994.htm

Message 8 of 14
pxg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for this response. I found compatible adaptor model (12V+ on pin 1 and 2) for at least 90w. these equipement are planned for concurrent nas (synolgy or qnap) 100w and cost 40-50 euros. Cheaper is li shin 0219b1280, but only 6.67A and cost 30 euros. Regards
Message 9 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The PSU brick s standard for around the world, but the cable that connects the brick to the wall outlet would vary from region to region. Some models need a standard PC power cable to connect the brick to the wall outlet. Others use a different cable.

My RN212 uses the same PSU as my Duo v2, I believe if I recall correctly. So it certainly is possible that a new NAS may use the same PSU as a legacy unit.

Message 10 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@mdgm wrote:

The PSU brick s standard for around the world, but the cable that connects the brick to the wall outlet would vary from region to region. Some models need a standard PC power cable to connect the brick to the wall outlet. Others use a different cable.

Of course the connection to the main varies by geography.  But the OP needs the pinout at the NAS input.

Message 11 of 14
old1mike
Aspirant

I have searched through the forums and googled. Did find 12v 7.5A 4-pin DIN 90W on ebay. Specs =

Input: AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz
Output: DC 12V 7.5A

Power: 90W

Connecter size: 4-Pin Tip

Title = 12V 7.5A New AC adapter power supply + cord for LI SHIN 0219B1280.

It would seem to fit the criteria BUT concerned about the connections.

Looked at some to the other links posted and power supply over $100.00 does not sit well with me.

This is photo from Ebay.

Would this work?

Message 12 of 14
pxg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello I use a li shin 0129b1280 12V 6.67A on my RN104. The pin 1 and 2 (positive) are on the flat size of the connector (keyed size of the connector if you prefer) The RN104 work correctly Regards.
Message 13 of 14
old1mike
Aspirant

Will give it a try then. Thanks.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements