× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN104 started to resync for no reason

bhsmith
Aspirant

RN104 started to resync for no reason

Last night for no reason that I can tell (no power outage), my nas apparantly rebooted and started to do a re-sync.  At its current rate it says its going to take 68 days! Where can I go in the logs to try and figure out why its doing the re-sync or why it rebooted.  Thanks.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

It did the resync because of the unclean shutdown (when the power failed).

You'll need to let it finish.  But the good news is that the time estimate is off - it won't take that long.

The best way to avoid this is to get a UPS for the NAS.  That also reduces the risk of data loss, since a lot of data loss stories here begin with an unexpected power loss.

Message 2 of 8
bhsmith
Aspirant

I apologize that I wasn't clear.  When I said no power outage, I meant we did not have any power failures.  It just started resyncing itself.  I also believe the time estimate because 24 hours ago it showed 53.13% and now it says 54.32%.  I am unclear as to what to do.

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Download the log zip file from the web admin ui.  Take a look at the smart stats in disk_info.log.  system.log might also have some clues on what triggered the reboot.

You could also send @JohnCM_S a link to the logs using the private message facility  and ask if he is willing to analyze them for you.

Message 4 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bhsmith,

You may send the logs so I can check what caused the reboot. You can upload it to a file sharing site then PM me the download link.

Regards,

Message 5 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bhsmith,

Do you still need assistance on this issue? You may just provide to us the logs so we can further check it.

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
bhsmith
Aspirant

Sorry, I have been away.  Where can I upload the logs?  Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@bhsmith wrote:

Sorry, I have been away.  Where can I upload the logs?  Thanks.

One option is to use a sharing site (google drive, dropbox, etx), and send the link to @JohnCM_S via private message.  Don't post the link publically.

You could also send it to Netgear via email.  The address (along with some other instructions) is at the bottom of this faq: https://kb.netgear.com/21543/How-do-I-send-all-logs-to-ReadyNAS-Community-moderators

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements