× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10400 NAS USB Boot failed even after attempting boot recovery several times

billbur
Follower

RN10400 NAS USB Boot failed even after attempting boot recovery several times

Howdy,

My ReadyNAS has gone into an endless USB Boot failed cycle. I have created a recovery drive per the KB article and when I boot with the USB, it shows that recovery completed. But when I boot again after that, it goes right back to USB boot failed, as if it sees not other option for boot. 

I have also tried holding down the reset button while starting up to get to the boot menu, but that has no effect. It still attempts to go to USB boot.

Please help - the drive was working as of yesterday morning, but stopped sometime in the evening. I went to my readyNAS Vault only to find that it hasn't been uploading files since the end of September.  

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN10400 NAS USB Boot failed even after attempting boot recovery several times

@billbur

Welcome to the Community!

When the USB Recovery attempt completed did it shutdown by itself? If it did but after booting and it still has the same issue, there might be a need of replacement.

If your RN104 is under 3 years it would be best if you contact Support through MyNETGEAR so they can assist you with the replacement.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN10400 NAS USB Boot failed even after attempting boot recovery several times

@billbur

Welcome to the Community!

When the USB Recovery attempt completed did it shutdown by itself? If it did but after booting and it still has the same issue, there might be a need of replacement.

If your RN104 is under 3 years it would be best if you contact Support through MyNETGEAR so they can assist you with the replacement.

HTH

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements