× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN10400 dead

PierG
Aspirant

RN10400 dead

Hi,

A friend gave me a ReadyNAS RN10400 that doesn't work. The unit is completely dead. I've checked the power supply with a voltmeter and works correctly (I've also tried another one, same result). I press the Power Button and simply nothing happens. I've disassembled the unit and the MB looks perfect (no burns), and part of the board become a little hot after a couple of minutes the power is connected. There is any way to troubleshoot the unit and buy the spare parts? Seems that if something fails if you are out of warranty, you simply have to throw in the garbage everything.

Regards,

Pier

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PierG,

Did you performed your tests while there are disks installed? Unfortunately, we don't sell spare parts and I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to make it work anymore. 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
PierG
Aspirant

Hi BrianL,

I performed my test with and withour disk installed.

Regards,

Pier

Message 3 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi PierG,

Thanks for the feedback. Well, at this point there's nothing we can do to revive the unit aside from getting it replaced. I suggest that you ask your good friend who gave this to you to reach our support team and provide the necessary information to get process a replacement for the said device.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements