× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN10400

MikeFH
Aspirant

RN10400

Okay, I have this is a mess, please dont judge. 

Here is back ground - 

The OS seemed to issues where is wouldn't allow me to access any services like SMB or FTP,.. etc, this second time this as happened to me. The first time Netgear fixed it at a cost. Now, this time round I have made the matters worse, I have removed my 3Tb HD and factory restored the NAS.

Yes, I know , the HD is not going to work just by popping it back in. The 3TB disc uses X-RAID and I know the files are there ok (from what I see) I need to find a way to recover all my data the tree full structure and ten pull off what I need and fix.

Your help would be kindly received.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

How many disks were in the NAS when you did the factory reset?

Message 2 of 4
MikeFH
Aspirant

There was 2
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

With XRAID, you have single redundancy - if your disks were of equal size you were using RAID-5.

You can't recover your data from a single disk, it was spread out over all three disks.  You'd have needed at least two disks to recover everything. Data Recovery might get some files back, but it would be very expensive, and I doubt you'd get enough back to be worth the cost.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements