× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN204 - data DEGRADED and gets a message of "Admin page is offline"

Max_Marthini
Aspirant

RN204 - data DEGRADED and gets a message of "Admin page is offline"

I received the following message on my ReadNAS 204: "data DEGRADED" and I suspect that one of the disks may have crashed. My problem is that I cannot access to the admin page. I only get the message that the "Admin Page" is offline, see enclosed file.

I can get some information from RAIDAR indicating that only 3 disks (out of 4) are working properly.

I think my main problem is to access to the admin page. Any input?

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204 4-Bay
Message 1 of 6
Max_Marthini
Aspirant

Re: data DEGRADED

I have also included a picture from RAIDar indicating a disk error, but I think my major issue is to access to the Admi Page.

Message 2 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Max_Marthini,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you download the NAS system logs on RAIDar? If you can, please download it then provide it to us so we can check what caused the admin page to be offline. You may upload it to a file sharing site then PM me the download link.

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Max_Marthini,,

Do you still need assistance on this issue? If you were able to download the logs, you can upload it to a file sharing site then PM me the download link so we can investigate it.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
JMaclean62
Aspirant

Hi,

I had this same problem, but I decided to just start over with reformatted drives.  Trouble is that it failed during reformatting.  What is the best way of going about "rebuilding" the whole drive?

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 5 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

If it failed during reformatting, then it's likely you have a bad drive.  You can use the NAS drive test, but using a PC with each drive attached internally or via a USB dock and vendor tools is more informative.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements