× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN204 "Failed to Startup" + Power Button/LED Flashes + Act LED Flashes

edosan
Aspirant

RN204 "Failed to Startup" + Power Button/LED Flashes + Act LED Flashes

All of a sudden our RN204 was not available on the Network.  Power Button was flashing, the ACT LED was flashings, and all four of the HDD Activity LEDs were on.  Front Power Button did not work, only way to remove power was to pull the AC adapter connection in the back.  When power is reapplied, the Boot process starts, then after about 12 mins, we see the following two messages:

> "Failed to Startup"

> Retry Startup"

While in this mode/state, RaidAR does not see the device.  If we go into Tech Support Mode, we see:

> [57110]

If all four HDDs are removed and we re-enter Tech Support Mode, we see:

> [57110]

At any time, we can not use the Web-Based Admin to connect the RN204.

We have a lot of data and will need to recover it, so hopefully the data is still intact

Anyone see this?

Where you able to resolve the problem?

Any suggestions that does not involve re-formatting the HDDs.

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS 204
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN204 "Failed to Startup" + Power Button/LED Flashes + Act LED Flashes

Which firmware are you running?

In normal mode can you download your logs and send them in (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 2 of 4
edosan
Aspirant

Hello Mdgm,

Thank you for your reply.

#Firmware version = 6.4

Last night I started the internal 'Disk Test', which was still running this AM.  I am hoping that this test will end soon.  I am able to connect to the NAS with RaidAR which the unit is in this mode, but that is it.  Once the 'Disk Test' completes, I will see if I can collect the logs.

I am willing to pay the $75.00 for a one incident case, but I spent 2.5 hours on the phone last night waiting to get to the ReadyNAS Support Team, only to be disconnected - Most frustating  😞

I will keep you posted as soon as the current disk test is completed.

Edo

Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

How did the disk test go?

I should have mentioned that you should be able to use RAIDar 6.2 to download the logs in normal mode.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements