× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN212 Cannot stop or uninstall Plex Media Server

NigeT
Aspirant

RN212 Cannot stop or uninstall Plex Media Server

Model: ReadyNAS RN212

Firmware: 6.10.7

App: Plex Media Server (for RN2xx)

App Version: 1.21.0.3711-b509cc236

App Status: ON

I have been using a RN212 for over two years with no issues. I am using Plex Media Server, but now no longer need it. When I access the Apps tab the Status shows as 'ON'. If I try to stop the app I get a message that states that this may take a few minutes. In reality it takes forever as nothing happens. If I try to remove the app I am taken to the Logon page and get an email to tell me that the app has been uninstalled, but in fact nothing has changed.

I have even tried restarting the NAS, but predictably it didn't work. It was It was an act of purest optimism to have tried it in the first place. (Apologies to Monty Python).

Any advice would be appreciated as I just want to remove the App and stop it running on the RN212.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN212 Cannot stop or uninstall Plex Media Server

@NigeT

Welcome to the Community!

It might need backend intervention to cleanup some files to completely remove the app. Can you set the NAS on SDM or enable SSH via the admin page and provide the 5 digit port via PM.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
NigeT
Aspirant

Addendum to the original message:

I have tried doing an OS Reinstall, but I still cannot stop or uninstal Plex Media Server. Again the system told me that it had been uninstalled.

Message 2 of 4
NigeT
Aspirant

Addendum to the original message:

I downloaded the latest version of Plex Media Server (for RN2xx) from the Plex Downloads site and successfully installed that. Pedictably, I suppose, this has made no difference.

App Version: 1.27.2.5929-a806c5905

Message 3 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@NigeT

Welcome to the Community!

It might need backend intervention to cleanup some files to completely remove the app. Can you set the NAS on SDM or enable SSH via the admin page and provide the 5 digit port via PM.

HTH

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements