× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN212 cannot be reached from neither pc and app

substance
Aspirant

RN212 cannot be reached from neither pc and app

he folks. I can't access my NAS since yesterday. Ive done migration of my account and message Im getting now is that my NAS i offline. Any idea? Maybe I should do the reset? If so please provide me with all steps

Message 1 of 13
StephenB
Guru

Can you access it directly (not using ReadyCloud)?

Message 2 of 13
substance
Aspirant

yes, I can. If I go through computer>network than I see my NAS , also Plex is working fine. Maybe the reason why I can not access is that I was playing with ethernet card setting in order to have remote access or Plex, so I set up static IP address ob both cards?

Message 3 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@substance wrote:

Maybe the reason why I can not access is that I was playing with ethernet card setting in order to have remote access or Plex, so I set up static IP address ob both cards?

Perhaps, though we'd need more information to figure that out.

But everything is working normally now?

Message 4 of 13
substance
Aspirant

well It looks like it works as usual except I don't have any access through readycloud app. I have reloaded readycloud app but still no success

Message 5 of 13
StephenB
Guru

Have you upgraded to 6.5 firmware?

Message 6 of 13
substance
Aspirant

yes I have and also Ive upgraded to the latest version readycloud

Message 7 of 13
substance
Aspirant

Now I found a tool called RAIDar and I can access my Nas with this help but when I am prompt to admin page of my device I still can't access some of the features like cloud for instance as it says I am offline

Message 8 of 13
StephenB
Guru

RAIDar doesn't depend on ReadyCloud.  You likely can access the web ui page directly with http://nasipaddress/admin and the shares by entering \\nasippaddress in file explorer or finder.

You might need help from Netgear to get ReadyCloud working again.

Message 9 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you made sure that you are logged into ReadyCLOUD on the NAS and in your web browser or app using the same NETGEAR account?

Message 10 of 13
substance
Aspirant

mdgm schrieb:

Have you made sure that you are logged into ReadyCLOUD on the NAS and in your web browser or app using the same NETGEAR account?

I am not sure tbh, I know I ve done migration to mygearaccout. How can I check now what credentials has been used to log in into my nas?

Message 11 of 13
substance
Aspirant

Betreff: RN212 cannot be reached from neither pc and app

ok Iam pretty sure I am login with new mynetgear account but when I use RAIDar to login to my device it still asking my for username and password that I was using with my readyCloud, but thing is I have bind my old account with my new Mynetgear. Im lost

Message 12 of 13
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Betreff: RN212 cannot be reached from neither pc and app

Please make sure you login https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html and your ReadyCloud Windows/Mac app or ReadyCloud mobile apps with the account shown in NAS admin UI, Cloud page -> ReadyCloud, just after "Signed in as". It should be a email address. 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements