× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN2120 6.4.1 shows as offline on the network #26246533

Netcomm
Tutor

RN2120 6.4.1 shows as offline on the network #26246533

The NAS is usually about 85% full. I have talked with support and they were able to confirm that this is not a hardware issue. We do not have Antivirus or Snapshots enabled. The NAS goes down fairly often. It used to stay up for long periods of time, but recently it has been going down on a daily basis. When looking at the NAS, the lights are on and it appears online, but checking RAIDar or using the ping command brings back nothing. After hard rebooting it, it works fine until the next day. The ReadyNAS has only one use; backups from two servers at night. It is important to note that while these backups occur at night (just like when the NAS goes down), I am able to preform backups successfully without the NAS going down after a hard reset is preformed. I have logs downloaded and ready upon request. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN2120 6.4.1 shows as offline on the network #26246533

I can see from your support case that your volume is 95% full. That can certainly cause problems. We don't recommend filling the volume that full.

Reducing the volume usage to about 80%, running a balance and a defrag and scheduling these to run weekly would be advisable.

There may be additional advisable settings changes that are revealed from looking at your logs.

It's possibility that your probably is partially caused by a problem others have encountered on 6.4.1. You may wish to try ReadyNASOS 6.4.2-T59 (Beta 1)

This has helped some other RN2120 users who have experienced problems with crashing on 6.4.1

You can send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I can see from your support case that your volume is 95% full. That can certainly cause problems. We don't recommend filling the volume that full.

Reducing the volume usage to about 80%, running a balance and a defrag and scheduling these to run weekly would be advisable.

There may be additional advisable settings changes that are revealed from looking at your logs.

It's possibility that your probably is partially caused by a problem others have encountered on 6.4.1. You may wish to try ReadyNASOS 6.4.2-T59 (Beta 1)

This has helped some other RN2120 users who have experienced problems with crashing on 6.4.1

You can send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 2 of 3
Netcomm
Tutor

It looks like updating the firmware fixed the issue for us. Thanks mdgm!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements