× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN2120 iSCSI Create LUN failed

AclandBurghley
Aspirant

RN2120 iSCSI Create LUN failed

Dear All,

Max LUN size available is 9.81TB

When I create this, nothing happens.

When I create a 5TB LUN, it creates it perfectly fine. If I attempt to expand this LUN to 9.81TB, it gives me an error:

### Folder operation failed.

### 21003020028

### Modifying LUN properties has failed

### Code: 21003020028

I checked the Log files and I have one entry (when the initial 9.81TB was created) which says:

### Create LUN failed (status=256)

When I attempted to expand it (after creating the 5TB one to 9.81TB)

### Modify LUN failed (status=-28)

I've tried to expand the LUN incrementally, and I can get a single LUN to 8191GB (1GB short of 8TB)

The rest of the space I have to create another LUN. I'm unable to create a single LUN.

I've tried doing this on Firmware 6.5.0 and downgraded to 6.4.2 aswell to try it, still no luck.

Any idea on how I can create a single LUN at 9.81TB in size? If not, why is there a limit?

Kind Regards...

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN2120 iSCSI Create LUN failed

@AclandBurghley wrote:

Any idea on how I can create a single LUN at 9.81TB in size? If not, why is there a limit?

There is an 8 Tib limit on  all ARM-based OS6 NAS(including the RN2120v2).  Netgear lists that as a limitation here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29938/~/readynas-os-version-6.5.0 (deployment note 6)

I don't know why that limit exists, it seems arbitrary in a device that can host a 32 TB RAID-0 volume.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
AclandBurghley
Aspirant

This could be moved to English / NETGEAR / ReadyNAS Network Storage / ReadyNAS in Business / iSCSI if more appropriate.

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@AclandBurghley wrote:

There is an 8 Tib limit on  all ARM-based OS6 NAS(including the RN2120v2).  Netgear lists that as a limitation here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29938/~/readynas-os-version-6.5.0 (deployment note 6)

I don't know why that limit exists, it seems arbitrary in a device that can host a 32 TB RAID-0 volume.

Message 3 of 4
AclandBurghley
Aspirant

Hi StphenB,

Thank you for this update. I should have looked a little harder.

Regards...

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements