× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN21200 Researching connecting ReadNAS to Samsung SmartTV

cheesedoodle
Follower

RN21200 Researching connecting ReadNAS to Samsung SmartTV

RN21200 Researching connecting ReadNAS to Samsung SmartTV without going through my wireless network. I'm assuming i'll have to set up a separate "server", hub and such. I do have an unused Raspberry pi to possibly use but I need some directional guidance.

Help?

Thanks,

Mark L.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2120|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Newsat11
Luminary

You won't need a separate server. Enable DLNA access on the folders you want to share with the television. Make sure the devices are connected to the same network and check the manual of your Samsung device for information on what file formats are supported through your version of AllShare (DLNA).

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Plex works with my Samsung (it has the app installed, and the server app can be installed on the NAS).

ReadyDLNA also works - the TV detects it, and it shows as a source.

So you might not need a separate server.

Message 2 of 3
Newsat11
Luminary

You won't need a separate server. Enable DLNA access on the folders you want to share with the television. Make sure the devices are connected to the same network and check the manual of your Samsung device for information on what file formats are supported through your version of AllShare (DLNA).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements