× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN214: Can't install apps after a factory reset

Mandragora
Aspirant

RN214: Can't install apps after a factory reset

Hi!

Can't install apps after a factory reset on RN214. And there is not a single application in the Available Apps (see screenshot). I downloaded the Plex file (plexmediaserver-annapurna_1.20.3.3437-f1f08d65b_armel.deb) separately and tried to install it via Upload and again the error: System: Cannot install application plexmediaserver-annapurna.

Help, please!

Model: RN214D43|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (4x 3TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 15
Mandragora
Aspirant

Re: RN214: Can't install apps after a factory reset

Apps reappeared in the Avaliable Apps and Featured Apps section, but are not installed: System: Cannot install application Plex Media Server (for RN2xx).

Firmware 6.10.3

Mac + RN214

See Log in attachment

Message 2 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@Mandragora wrote:

Apps reappeared in the Avaliable Apps and Featured Apps section, but are not installed: System: Cannot install application Plex Media Server (for RN2xx).

You should be getting it from plex.tv/downloads and manually upload it to the NAS, not the available apps anyway.  Plex hasn't distributed plex via Netgear's app store for quite some time.

But that still likely won't work, as there is definitely something wrong here - my own arm system (an RN202) can't install smbplus.

Message 3 of 15
Mandragora
Aspirant

I've tried everything. Installing plexmediaserver-annapurna_1.20.3.3437-f1f08d65b_armel.deb including. Not installed. No applications are installed at all.

Message 4 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@Mandragora wrote:

I've tried everything. Installing plexmediaserver-annapurna_1.20.3.3437-f1f08d65b_armel.deb including. Not installed. No applications are installed at all.

The problem appears to be with Netgear's servers.  When I try to install smb-plus on my RN202 I see this in install_debpkg.log

fv-app-install.c:674(error) fv-app-install (smbplus): error code [100]: Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  smbplus
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 31 not upgraded.
Need to get 178 kB of archives.
After this operation, 578 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Err:1 https://apt.readynas.com/packages/readynasos 6.10.3/apps armel smbplus armel 1.0.8
  403  Forbidden
E: Failed to fetch https://apt.readynas.com/packages/readynasos/dists/6.10.3/apps/pool/s/smbplus/smbplus_1.0.8_armel.deb  403  Forbidden

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

fv-app-install-utils.c:121(info) [smbplus](0%) abort

I have tried to loop in the mods, hopefully they will escalate this.

Message 5 of 15
Mandragora
Aspirant

Let's wait until tomorrow )))

Message 6 of 15
Mandragora
Aspirant

Tried again today. Apps are not installed. See log in the attachment

RN214

Clear browsing data
Factory reset
Firmware 6.10.3.

Volume data formated and resynced (free space 10.9 Tb - 4x3 Tb)

My RN214 is like new. What is the problem?

Message 7 of 15
StephenB
Guru

Netgear's server isn't letting you download the libraries and apps (that is what the 403 forbidden error means).  The problem will persist until Netgear fixes it on their end.

This problem is happening on all 6.10.3 ReadyNAS systems (and possibly other firmware versions).  @KingC for example also reported it here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Problem-installing-applications/m-p/1989...

Message 8 of 15
Mandragora
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

Netgear's server isn't letting you download the libraries and apps (that is what the 403 forbidden error means).  The problem will persist until Netgear fixes it on their end.

This problem is happening on all 6.10.3 ReadyNAS systems (and possibly other firmware versions).  @KingC for example also reported it here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Problem-installing-applications/m-p/1989...

OMG! Global problem. I will wait for a decision from Netgear. No cinema, no TVS, no entertainment. Very bad.

Message 9 of 15
Mandragora
Aspirant

Firmware downgrade to 6.10.2. I still can't install apps.

Message 10 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@Mandragora wrote:

Firmware downgrade to 6.10.2. I still can't install apps.

The mods have escalated it.

Message 11 of 15
Mandragora
Aspirant

How long should I wait?

Message 12 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@Mandragora wrote:

How long should I wait?

No idea on how long it will take for them to fix it.

Message 13 of 15
Mandragora
Aspirant

FIXED!!!! Thanx

Message 14 of 15
StephenB
Guru

@Mandragora wrote:

FIXED!!!! 

I've confirmed that also.