× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN214 No volumes

roderickjtan
Aspirant

RN214 No volumes

Hello,

I can log onto my ReadyNAS through ReadyCLOUD but I cannot see any volumes.  It states there are no volumes or USB drives.  When I try the (currently up to date) desktop app it says "not connected".  And yet, when I go through windows I can access the files.  When I try to go the admin page, after entering the login information it says "the connection to this site is not private".  

I'm pretty new to this but can anyone give any advice?  This is about 2 years old.  

Thanks,

RJT

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 21
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN214 No volumes

@roderickjtan wrote:

When I try to go the admin page, after entering the login information it says "the connection to this site is not private".  

That's because the certificate is self-signed by the NAS and can't be verified by a certificate authority.  You need to click through that warning.

@roderickjtan wrote:

I can log onto my ReadyNAS through ReadyCLOUD but I cannot see any volumes.  It states there are no volumes or USB drives. 

What firmware are you running?

Message 2 of 21
roderickjtan
Aspirant

firmware is 6.10.3. 

Also when i try to click through the admin logon - it keeps just asking me to log on again and so there's no way for me to push past it.  

thanks

Rod

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 3 of 21
StephenB
Guru

@roderickjtan wrote:

Also when i try to click through the admin logon - it keeps just asking me to log on again and so there's no way for me to push past it.  

You are using admin for the username, and the NAS admin password?

Message 4 of 21
roderickjtan
Aspirant

I've tried that also, but in the past my personal username and password was what was needed.  I'm still having trouble.  

Message 5 of 21
StephenB
Guru

Can you log into the NAS admin ui directly (w/o using ReadyCloud)?  https://nas-ip-address/admin (using admin as the username).  Use the real IP of course. 

Message 6 of 21
roderickjtan
Aspirant

It gives me a similar problem.  I keep typing my log in and password and it just defaults back to the same login and password box . 

What's also strange is that on readycloud I cannot see any of the volumes of my drive, and trying to login from windows explorer just leads me to the log in box again.  But when I run iTunes (my music is on the NAS) it seems to work.  

Message 7 of 21
StephenB
Guru

@roderickjtan wrote:

It gives me a similar problem.  I keep typing my log in and password and it just defaults back to the same login and password box . 

This is when you use admin as the username?

@roderickjtan wrote:

What's also strange is that on readycloud I cannot see any of the volumes of my drive, and trying to login from windows explorer just leads me to the log in box again.  

What happens if you run CMD on the PC and enter this:

net use * /delete /y
net use t: \\nas-ip-address\admin /user:admin nas-admin-password

using the actual IP address and nas admin password of course.  Be careful with the typing - particularly the two different slash directions and the spaces.

The first command terminates any open SMB sessions; the second attempts to map the NAS data volume to drive letter T.

Message 8 of 21
roderickjtan
Aspirant

After the first command I get:

There are no entries in the list.

After the second command I get:

System error 67 has occurred

The network name cannot be found. 

Thank you your help so far - still not sure what's going on.

Rod

Message 9 of 21
roderickjtan
Aspirant

And yes, the username "admin" doesn't allow me to log in.

Message 10 of 21
StephenB
Guru

What status does RAIDar give you?  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Message 11 of 21
roderickjtan
Aspirant

RAIDar could not find any NETGEAR storage on your network. Check that your storage device is powered on and connected correctly. For more help, visit http://my.netgear.com

This is strange, right?  

Thanks, open to more solutions!

RJT

Message 12 of 21
roderickjtan
Aspirant

Also I have plex installed and I can still access my files through plex.  I cannot however use Raidar or Readycloud!

Message 13 of 21
StephenB
Guru

@roderickjtan wrote:

RAIDar could not find any NETGEAR storage on your network. Check that your storage device is powered on and connected correctly. For more help, visit http://my.netgear.com

This is strange, right?  

Do you have internet security software running on the PC?

Message 14 of 21
roderickjtan
Aspirant

Just the Windows Antivirus.   I cannot log into Readycloud and see my server using any other devices either including a work computer and an iphone using the app

Thanks 

Message 15 of 21
StephenB
Guru

Do you have a backup of the files?

Can you still access the files from a local PC?  If so, update (or create) a backup if you don't have one that is up to date.

Message 16 of 21
roderickjtan
Aspirant

I cannot access on a local PC for some reason.  I have backups of the most important files however from prior saves on a portable hard drive, which is good.  I don't think I can access the other files now to back them up sadly.  

I just can't wrap my head around why I can access media via plex on my tv but cannot log into ReadyCloud, and importantly, how to fix this problem!  Do I need to buy a new setup and would I be able to swap my drives to keep all my info? 

Message 17 of 21
roderickjtan
Aspirant

Ok, I figured out that Raidar wasn't detecting because I had to configure windows firewall to allow it access.  When I used admin and password I finally got in and can see all of my files. 

However  I still cannot use ReadyCloud as my Netgear username and password continues to show "no volumes" when I access my NAS.  How can I get ReadyCloud to work at this point?  

Thanks for all the assistance.

Rod

Message 18 of 21
StephenB
Guru

If you look at the Cloud page in the admin web UI, are you seeing that the ReadyCloud service is enabled? 

Also, you should see two green checks at the top of the page (indicating that the NAS can reach the internet, and also the ReadyCloud server).

Message 19 of 21
roderickjtan
Aspirant

Ok, so it turns out my ReadyCloud access was locked into an old email address.  Under the Cloud tab in the Admin UI interface there is a section for ReadyCloud and it says I was signed in under my old email address and I couldn't figure out how to change it.

I had updated my email recently and apparently the ReadyCloud was not able to recognize my new email address to give me access to my files. 

Does anyone know how to change this?  

Thanks!

Rod

Message 20 of 21
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi roderickjtan,

Have you created a new ReadyCLOUD account for your new email address?  If you already created one, you can just click the Leave button under ReadyCLOUD and then rejoin the NAS to ReadyCLOUD using that new email address.

If not, you may update your email address by logging into the myNETGEAR portal using your old email address then go to My Profile > Login Settings > Change Email, then leave and rejoin the NAS to ReadyCLOUD.

Regards,

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements