× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN214 eth0 offline

bszekely
Aspirant

RN214 eth0 offline

Hi,

On my RN214, on some reason from one day to the other the eth0 interface stopped working.

It is grayed out on the admin interface. When I plug in the ethernet cable, leds are not coming up, looks like the PHY is down.

I tried with restarts, but no luck.

FW version: 6.10.3

Please advise!

Regards,

Balazs

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN214 eth0 offline

I guess the good news is that eth1 is working.

Have you tried a full shut down, removing power for a while (maybe 10-15 minutes), and then powering up again?

If the NAS is still under warranty (3 years for the original purchaser), then you should contact support (my.netgear.com) and ask for a warranty replacement.

If you don't have a current backup of the data, it would be a good time to take care of that.

Message 2 of 4
bszekely
Aspirant

Thanks for the answer!

I tried shutdown/restarts, still no luck. I contacted support, will see where we get.

Regarding the backup - this is what I use the NAS for, to backup my data with HDDs in RAID...

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@bszekely wrote:

Regarding the backup - this is what I use the NAS for, to backup my data with HDDs in RAID...

People use the phrase "backup" in somewhat different ways.

For me, "backup" is a copy of data that is on another device (which is the primary storage).

If the NAS is your primary storage for some data, then you do need to have a separate backup.  RAID isn't enough to keep your data safe - many posters here have learned that the hard way.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements