× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN214 invalid password after firmware 6.10.2

OleGyldenloeve
Aspirant

RN214 invalid password after firmware 6.10.2

After installing firmware 6.10.2 from the admin browser interface NAS rebooted as expexted. After reboot NAS will not accept my usual password. Apearently, password reset has not been set on my device. How do I struggle on from here?

Kind regards,

Ole

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Does your password include any unusual characters?  I'm not specifically aware of any new restrictions, but maybe one of the Netgear mods is.

Did you try the default password password?  Maybe it somehow did an OS re-install instead of just an update.

OS re-install from the boot menu will reset your admin password to the default.  It will also change IP allocation to DHCP if you had a static IP address.  Just be sure not to accidently do the Factory Default, as that wipes your data.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Does your password include any unusual characters?  I'm not specifically aware of any new restrictions, but maybe one of the Netgear mods is.

Did you try the default password password?  Maybe it somehow did an OS re-install instead of just an update.

OS re-install from the boot menu will reset your admin password to the default.  It will also change IP allocation to DHCP if you had a static IP address.  Just be sure not to accidently do the Factory Default, as that wipes your data.

Message 2 of 4
OleGyldenloeve
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, Sandshark. My password contains numbers only. I have tried both the password password and admin with no luck. I think maybe I will have to try with OS re-install from boot menu.

Message 3 of 4
strykeroz
Tutor

Thanks for this.  I was having the same issue.  Reinstalling OS was quick, and reset the admin password to password and now I'm back in the game.  Thanks!

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements