× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN214 with NV+ v2 disks

jmzorko
Guide

RN214 with NV+ v2 disks

Hello, all ...

My NV+ v2 stopped working (stuck at boot menu, inserting a new blank disk didn't fix it), so I found an RN214 and put the 4 disks (each 3TB) from the NV+ v2 in it and booted it up. At first things looked good - the screen showed "Legacy Boot Mode" and after a few seconds, the host name I had assigned to the NV+ v2 and the IP address it got from the DHCP server was displayed, though the power light was still blinking.

After a few minutes, though, the screen went dark and the power light was still blinking. I pressed the power button, expecting it to wake up the screen like it did on my NV+ and NV+ v2, but it did nothing. Since the activity light was blinking as well, I let it run overnight, thinking it might be doing a resync, or moving the data on the disks to a newer non-legacy format. However, whatever it's doing, it's still doing it. It also doesn't show up in RAIDar, and the screen still doesn't wake up when I press the power button.

If it's doing a resync or volume check (which took a couple of days on the NV+ v2 with the same disks), why is the screen dark i.e. not showing the percentage complete? If it's doing something else, what is it, why is the screen dark, and when will it be finished? I've other backups, so if I need to re-initialize the disks in the RN214, that's an option, though the "Legacy Boot Mode" that it initially displayed made me think I wouldn't need to.

Regards,

John

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements