× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN312 Need Disk Location Information

realmcom
Aspirant

RN312 Need Disk Location Information

Hi all

My ReadyNAS 312 has a weekly scheduled Disk Test, this has started failing on "Channel 1" recently.  The RAID health is still fine however I want to pull it out and send it off for replacement under warranty.

I have consulted the manual.  I have searched the forum (perhaps I missed it).  However, which disk is "Channel 1"?  Is the labelling work by Disk 0 and Disk 1 or Disk 1 and Disk 2?

Obviously I'd rather avoid pulling the incorrect drive.

Thanks

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN312 Need Disk Location Information

Hi @realmcom

For 2 Bay ReadyNAS models Disk0/Channel 1 would be the left most bay.

You may want to visit the Volumes page under the System Tab and hover your mouse. It will show the disk information.

(The screenshot is from a different model)

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @realmcom

For 2 Bay ReadyNAS models Disk0/Channel 1 would be the left most bay.

You may want to visit the Volumes page under the System Tab and hover your mouse. It will show the disk information.

(The screenshot is from a different model)

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @realmcom

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
realmcom
Aspirant

Hi mate

Yes all good, I didn’t know about the mouse-hover to get detailed information. Given how much screen real estate our screens have these days, we should definitely have that information directly on the page!

Cheers
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements