× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN312 issues since OS 6.4.0

KWheelerAZ
Aspirant

RN312 issues since OS 6.4.0

I have a client with a ReadyNAS 312. Since upgrading to OS 6.4.0 firmware they now have 2 nagging problems:

1) The time is always wrong. I think I may have fixed this by dropping the Netgear time servers in favor of the NTP Pool servers.

2) UPS communication errors CONSTANTLY. I had to turn off email error logs / messages as it was filling up my Inbox.

Any suggestion of how to correct these issues???

Thanks,

KW

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

1) Sounds like that's not an issue on the NAS itself then, but a possible issue with the time server.

2) How is the UPS connected to your NAS? Via USB? What model UPS is this?

If the UPS is connected via USB which port on the NAS is the UPS connected to? Do you have the issue regardless of which port it is connected to?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

1) Sounds like that's not an issue on the NAS itself then, but a possible issue with the time server.

2) How is the UPS connected to your NAS? Via USB? What model UPS is this?

If the UPS is connected via USB which port on the NAS is the UPS connected to? Do you have the issue regardless of which port it is connected to?

Message 2 of 5
KWheelerAZ
Aspirant

1) That's what I thought, but they were the Netgear time servers ... until I changed them that is.

2) I did not try changing the USB port, nor did I try another USB cable. I will try those on my next site visit later this week.

It's a CyberPower System CP1500AVR/LCD. I have those running on other ReadyNAS's with no issue. May be it is just a bad cable or USB port. Wouldn't be the first time ...

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@KWheelerAZ wrote:

It's a CyberPower System CP1500AVR/LCD. I have those running on other ReadyNAS's with no issue. May be it is just a bad cable or USB port. Wouldn't be the first time ...

FWIW, I have a CP1350 connected to my RN102 with 6.4.0.  It is working ok (certainly I am not flooded with UPS communication failures).

Message 4 of 5
KWheelerAZ
Aspirant

Yeah, I'm started to suspect either that USB cable is bad (my guess), or the that specific USB port on the ReadyNAS is bad or funky (not as convinced).

But changing the time servers from Netgear SNTP server to North American NTP Pool servers seems to have fixed the time & date issue. Also worthy of note, this office is protected by a Netgear FVS318N with 4.3.3-3 FW. It exhibited exactly the same NTP date & time issues. I had to change the NTP servers away from Netgear's on it as well.

I find that very odd ...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements