× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

morelor
Aspirant

Data stored on our RN31200 has become inaccessible. Upon using RAIDar, I see that the "Management service is offline". I have tried the following in this order:

1. Restart
  2. Reinstall OS
  3. Upgrade firmware using USB recovery
  4. Reinstall OS

Unfortunately, nothing has resolved our issues. I have also tried to download the logs and use RAIDar diagnostics, but the username and password is not accepted. I have tried both the default username and password along with our old username and password. Here are some screenshots:

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 17
StephenB
Guru

Do you have a backup of the data?

Message 2 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello morelor,

Did you use admin for username and password for password after OS reinstall?

You may also try clearing browser cache the reopen the web browser. Also, unplug one of the LAN cables.

Regards,

Message 3 of 17
morelor
Aspirant

StephenB,

Unfortunately, I do not... Smiley Sad

JennC,

I've tried admin for username and password for password after OS reinstall, but I haven't had any luck.

Message 4 of 17
StephenB
Guru

Are you still able to access the NAS data with SMB (for instance, entering \\192.168.1.50 in windows file manager)?

Also, what is the purpose of the second ethernet connection (192.168.1.207)?  Is it connected to a different network?

Also, does https://192.168.1.50/fwbroker respond?

Message 5 of 17
morelor
Aspirant

I am unable to access NAS data with SMB. Also, https://<NAS_IP>/fwbroker does not respond.

I have disconnected, the secondary interface. It was connected purely for redundancy.

Message 6 of 17
StephenB
Guru

You might need paid support (my.netear.com) for this.  

Though if you have a backup, you could do a factory reset and rebuild the NAS (which will destroy any data on it).

Message 7 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello morelor,

Have you already tried on another computer?

Regards,

Message 8 of 17
Cliff_MI
Guide

I have a ReadyNAS Pro 2 with 6.7.5

I am having the same issue.  I have tried all the same things.

I had lost a hard drive and decided to do a factory reset to remove the RAID array.  After I did that, I have had this issue.

I have taken out the hard drive and reformated it to complete wipe them.  I also used an spare drive just to see if it would install.

When I did this I was told that the drives were dirty and I need to format them again.  I did that via Raidar.

Now all I get is the button for offline set up (in Raidar). I can't pull logs or ssh into the nas anymore (factory reset) That does not work.  Just get a none responsive web page.

I even tried the USB install and that did not seem to do anything.  All I have now is a NAS with blinking blue light.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP2110|ReadyNAS Pro 2
Message 9 of 17
morelor
Aspirant

Here is the latest update on situation. I can logon to the NAS via ssh and the web admin page is responding now, however, it won't accept my credentials.

Does the web admin page use different credentials than ssh?

Thanks!

Message 10 of 17
StephenB
Guru

With SSH you are supposed to log in as root, though it will accept admin.

Root and admin both use the same password (and there is only one admin account, so the web ui also uses that password).  Note you do need to log into the web ui as admin.

Message 11 of 17
morelor
Aspirant

That's what I figured. Any ideas why the web ui is rejecting the credentials? 

Capture2.PNG

I am also still unable to access diagnostics or logs from RAIDar. I'm assuming that RAIDar is basically just an extension of the web ui.

Capture3.PNG

SSH accepts the credentials.

Capture4.PNG

I've tried the web ui/RAIDar from 3 different computers. Also, for what it's worth, I cannot manage the NAS via the ReadyCloud account either.

Message 12 of 17
StephenB
Guru

@morelor wrote:

That's what I figured. Any ideas why the web ui is rejecting the credentials? 

I'm not sure why it's rejecting them. 

You might try an OS reinstall - page 31-32 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/RN%20OS%206%20Desktop%20HW%20UM_15Oct2013.pd...

That will reset your network config to use DHCP, and your admin password to password.  It also will turn off quotas on the volume setting.  Other settings aren't affected, and it shouldn't result in any data loss

Message 13 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello morelor,

You have already mentioned on your first post that you have performed OS reinstall and used the default credentials but you still received the same results. I'm not sure if you have already tried another computer and/or web browser, but if you already have then it may be best to contact support. If you have full backup of the data, you might want to consider trying the factory reset.

Regards,

Message 14 of 17
morelor
Aspirant

Hi JennC,

Thanks for the response! I have tried several other computer, but have had the same results. Smiley Sad

The credentials work fine with my SSH access. If you have any ideas on how I can resolve the web ui authentication issue via SSH, please let me know. If not, I may just have to give up the battle and factory reset the unit.

Thanks!

Message 15 of 17
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello morelor,

Let me check if I can get help from others who may be able to remote in.

Regards,

Message 16 of 17
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could try resetting the admin password using

# passwd admin

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation