× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN3138 UPS/USV automatic shutdown earlier than 30%

krzysiek841
Aspirant

RN3138 UPS/USV automatic shutdown earlier than 30%

Hello. Is it possible to set the automatic shutdown of the RN3138 eralier than 30% battery capacity ? Lets say so about 60% ? I have an SNMP-UPS SMT750I with a AP9631 Smart-Slot Management Card. And the UPS is connected over LAN. Thanks for answers 🙂

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN3138 UPS/USV automatic shutdown earlier than 30%

@krzysiek841 wrote:

Is it possible to set the automatic shutdown of the RN3138 eralier than 30% battery capacity ? Lets say so about 60% ? I have an SNMP-UPS SMT750I with a AP9631 Smart-Slot Management Card. And the UPS is connected over LAN. Thanks for answers 🙂

This might depend on the UPS details.  I use a USB connected UPS with desktop NAS, so not SNMP.  When I click on the settings wheel next to the UPS, I can set the threshold (and 60% is one of the options).

Message 2 of 7
krzysiek841
Aspirant

hello. I dont want to use USB port because its already taken by other stuff. I dont have to much options in the UPS to change 🙂

Message 3 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

If you don't connect the UPS to the NAS via USB or use SNMP or use a remote NAS on the same UPS (and connected via USB), the NAS will never know to shut down and will simply stay up till the UPS shuts itself down.  That will get you through short lapses in power but will not accomplish the most important thing, which is having the NAS shut down gracefully before the power dies.

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@krzysiek841 wrote:

I dont have to much options in the UPS to change 🙂

Yeah, I see that.

Is there an issue with the automatic shutdown, or are you just concerned that there might be?

You might try reaching out to APC, as this might be something that can be configured in the UPS.

Message 5 of 7
krzysiek841
Aspirant

There is no problem with the automatic shutdown. It goes without a problem on 30% or less battery charge. I dont want to discharge the batteries so much. I have one WD NAs connected via USB to the UPS as an master device and a second WD NAS only as slave. They both shutdown when the UPS says that the Battery is low (via the Smart-Slot Card i can set the battery low signal at 60% or more). I have tried to connect the RN3138 as a slave to the first WD NAS too but it was a fail. I think WD and Netgear do not understand each other. Because i have 2x 24 Port switch and my router on the UPS connected i´d like that all NAS goes down so fast that they can. That the router and switches stay up so long as they can. So on my UPS are 3x NAS, 2x switch and 1x router but all that is far below from maximum power consumption allowed on the UPS.

Message 6 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

How is the NAS getting a signal to shut down?  Via SNMP from the SmartCard?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements