× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN314 disk upgrade duration

elsabio
Aspirant

RN314 disk upgrade duration

How long is the ReadyNAS RN314 likely to be unavailable as I upgrade 4x3TB WD Red's to 4x6TB WD Reds?

I hot swapped disks one and two, and waited for resizing and sync to complete after each.  Disk 2 took about 13 hours, but data was always available, albeit slowly.  On the third drive now, but display shows "Recover data 99.88%" and it has been there, with the disk 3 light flashing, for 36 hours now.   At the moment, I cannot write to a shared mount from the NAS, can't mount any that were not mounted before the upgrade, and while I could read some areas previously during disk 3 sync, many of those now are not accessible.  And, though I can log in as root, any disk enquiry commands (from df to btrfs filesystem show) just hang up.

Is this going to complete eventually?

Model: RN31443E|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 2
elsabio
Aspirant

Re: RN314 disk upgrade duration

To answer my own question, no, it did not complete, the RN314 remained hung at that point (but with disk access lights flashing) for another 24 hours.  I forcibly powered down, erased and tested the replacement drive and started again, which then did complete in about 22 hours.  Fourth drive resync'd without issue.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements