× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN314 is dead: how to rescue the discs

DutchMark
Aspirant

RN314 is dead: how to rescue the discs

Dear all,

My Readynas 314 with 4x 8TB disk died on me.

First thing I tried was to re-start, hoever it switch off automatically 3 seconds after power up.

I also can't come into the bios....it already switches off before.

So I read the forum and found another topic...identical to my problem (RN31400-Powers-off-within-seconds-off-pluggin-it-in ), however I am 2 years beyond warranty (I guess).

The raid 5 array is fine....but how to access this? I can't buy this model anymore (already scouting second hand NAS 314's but no luck yet).

Please...somebody help me!

Kind regards,

Mark

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN314 is dead: how to rescue the discs

@DutchMark,

Just to verify.  Kindly remove all hard drives from your RN314 then try to turn it on without drives.  Did your RN314 boot up without any drives?  If ever it did not boot up, the RN314 chassis needs to be replaced.  

The RN314 has a 5-year hardware warranty.  I suggest you to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime.  A NETGEAR Support Expert will conduct a hardware check on your RN314.  If its proven that your RN314 chassis is faulty, an online replacement will be processed for as long as the hardware warranty is still valid.   

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@DaneA wrote:

Just to verify.  Kindly remove all hard drives from your RN314 then try to turn it on without drives.  Did your RN314 boot up without any drives?  If ever it did not boot up, the RN314 chassis needs to be replaced.  

@DutchMark:  A hint here - label the drives by slot as you remove them.

Message 3 of 4
DutchMark
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,
I removed all drives (numbering 1 to 4), still shutdown after 3 seconds.
I don't know I had 5 year warrenty, I'll try to open a ticket.

Thanks tot your quick reply!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements