× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN31400 - lcd_panic_handle r+7d after 6.9.4

ph363
Aspirant

RN31400 - lcd_panic_handle r+7d after 6.9.4

Error recieved after updating through the web admin page. When booting the lcd displays Err: cannot extract properly then goes to the lcd panic message.

I have tried updating to 6.9.4 and 6.9.3 via usb recovery tool v2.0.T14 with no luck. I recieve the same messages as above. I was not able to find earlier versions of the usb recovery tool that others have had success with.

Has anyone seen this issue with 6.9.4? it seems to be pretty common issue with earlier updates. Any help is appreciated.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Did you extract the firmware image from the zip file?  Or did you install the zip?

Message 2 of 6
ph363
Aspirant

I extracted the images and put them in the x86 folder.

I've tried 3 usb drives: the current has been sitting at 'booting..' for 45 minutes now.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Sorry, I meant during the upgrade attempts before the USB recovery.

If you have a scratch disk, you could try removing the existing disks (labeling by slot) and see if you can do a factory install onto the scratch disk.

If that succeeds, then a USB recovery won't solve your problem (since the flash is intact).

Message 4 of 6
ph363
Aspirant

The first update attempt was done through the web admin page where the download, extraction, install, and reboot is done without any user input.

It asked if I wanted to update and reboot, I pressed the yes button, it went down and it never came back online.

I will try installing to another drive. It will boot into tech support mode and it also boots with no drives installed.
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

You could also try an OS reinstall from the front panel - not sure if that will work or not.

If it's the OS partition on the disks, then a USB recovery won't help, and the procedure probably has some risk.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements