× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN316 - Silica Gel Pack Broken - Beads In Unit

Mook1
Aspirant

RN316 - Silica Gel Pack Broken - Beads In Unit

It never ends!

I ordered a RN316 to replace my Ultra 6. The unit arrived today and the silica gel pack had somehow opened in packing or shipping.

These damn beads are inside the unit. Am I voiding my warranty if I open the unit to get them out or is there another way to solve this problem?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN316 - Silica Gel Pack Broken - Beads In Unit

Hi Mook1,

I'm sorry to hear on what happened to your newly ordered NETGEAR ReadyNAS. Where did you ordered the item? Better report this to them so a replacement can be shipped before the week ends (possible free & expedited).

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mook1,

I'm sorry to hear on what happened to your newly ordered NETGEAR ReadyNAS. Where did you ordered the item? Better report this to them so a replacement can be shipped before the week ends (possible free & expedited).

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
Mook1
Aspirant

Thanks, Brian. I bought it from Amazon and a new item is on the way.

The thing sounded like a maraca. I just thought I could shake all those beads out if I took the cover off.

Maybe Amazon can vacuum the floor, too. Those damn beads went all over the place. Never saw this before.

Dave-

Message 3 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mook1,

Well, this is the first time I heard that this kind of unfortunate shipment /or delivery happened. I imagine that you've tried your very best to remove or get rid of all the beads in your ReadyNAS unit (without opening the actual chassis). Let's just wait for the replacement to be delivered and hope that there will be no hassle this time.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
Mook1
Aspirant

I'll let you know Monday when the replacement unit arrives. 🙂

Message 5 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI Mook1,

Alright then. Set up should be quick and easy. Just post back if you have further questions. 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
Mook1
Aspirant

New unit arrived today. Up and running on 6.5.1. I'm thinking the previous unit was "opened" since the packing on this unit was much better and things weren't "loose" inside the box like the user guide and cables. Plus the first unit box looked retaped to me. However, things look okay for now.

Thanks for the assistance.

Message 7 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mook1,

Great! I'm glad that all is okay now. If I were you, I will raise this concern to Amazon so they can take investigate and further look at what happened to your item.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements