× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN316 - Volume inactive

FrustratedInPA
Aspirant

RN316 - Volume inactive

I was not able to login to my readyNAS using the web interface and I was not able to write any data to the volume. So I restarted the NAS. Upon restart I discover there are multiple bad drives I was unaware of and the volume is no longer available. I called support and am told about purchasing support because I'm past the regular support. I'm also told if I need to recover the data, I need to purchase additional data recovery. The turn around time to get a response from this group is attrocious. I bought the contract on 6/22. I finally was emailed by a level 3 technician I should replace drive 1. Okay. I purchased a complete replacement set of drives. I replaced the drive and put the ReadyNAS back in technical support mode. 2 days later I find out the NAS is not accessible. Within 5 minutes of receiving the message I restarted the device and back into support mode. That was mid day this past Friday. I have been calling and all I'm told is no one has access to the level 3 support technicians. How do I find out if I will ever receive the support I pay for. Each time I call I'm told I need to purchase more support. How do I get my volume recovered? I would do it myself if anyone would share with me how to get into the NAS OS that way.

I'm half tempted to throw away the device due to lack of support. This support group it aweful with keeping me the client updated. I started talking with support on 6/17 and it is now 6/28 and I feel I'm no better off than I was when the volume went inactive.

Model: RN31661D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay 6x1TB Desktop Drive
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN316 - Volume inactive

@FrustratedInPA

Is your NAS affecting your business? They usually have priority tickets and once an expert is assigned they work with it until this is resolved. It's possible that the expert went offline or on rest days when they lost connectivity to your NAS.

I will try to get an update to this ticket and follow up. I will PM you of any details.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@FrustratedInPA

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry for the experience you had with Support. When you purchase a Per-Incident-Support it will be used until the issue you called for has been resolved. How is the case already? Can you give me the case number so we can check it and follow up.

If you have purchased the Recovery contract already the L3 expert will be doing it's best to recover the data and to what you have mentioned, I think he only needs access to resolve the inactive volume issue.

Regards

Message 2 of 6
FrustratedInPA
Aspirant

The ticket is 42918518. The last update I have for this ticket was mid Friday my time Eastern. I replied back within a few minutes that I restarted the NAS to hopefully restore connectivity. I had to call into support Saturday and Sunday to ensure Netgear has access now. Do I need to wait up to 48 hours to get any focus on my ticket after the last update? I inititiated this data recovery ticket on 6/17. It is my impression there is very little work remaining to recover this data. How do we get focus from the support team?

@Marc_V wrote:

@FrustratedInPA

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry for the experience you had with Support. When you purchase a Per-Incident-Support it will be used until the issue you called for has been resolved. How is the case already? Can you give me the case number so we can check it and follow up.

If you have purchased the Recovery contract already the L3 expert will be doing it's best to recover the data and to what you have mentioned, I think he only needs access to resolve the inactive volume issue.

Regards

Message 3 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@FrustratedInPA

Is your NAS affecting your business? They usually have priority tickets and once an expert is assigned they work with it until this is resolved. It's possible that the expert went offline or on rest days when they lost connectivity to your NAS.

I will try to get an update to this ticket and follow up. I will PM you of any details.

Regards

Message 4 of 6
FrustratedInPA
Aspirant

Yes, this is affecting the business. I have not been able to have access to the technician except through this ticket. I have been asking for status and the urgency I have to get this data recovered. When I call I have explained my urgency and received no updates. You keep these technicians very well hidden. I would appreciate you being able to get a message to the team to get this looked at. I told them I needed this data recovered for this morning and nothing has been done.

Message 5 of 6
FrustratedInPA
Aspirant

I finally received a call from the technician. He was able to bring the volume online and let the drive sync. I didn't think it would take much effort once he had a replacement drive and time to review. I don't understand why it took so long to get this taken care of.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements