× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN316 how to contact Netgear support???

Kardano
Luminary

RN316 how to contact Netgear support???

Hello,

after update FW from 6.9.5 to 6.10 my RN316 wont boot and stop at samba service. I saw it once on another unit. If i do OS reinstall teaming will be destroyed an unit boot again normally. BUT.... when i booted my unit into the "Boot menu" touchpad of RN316 is ilt and is unresponsive. So i cannot choose OS reinstall or any other choice. SO MY UNIT IS UNABLE TO USE BOOT MENU.

I tried to get in contact with Netgear support to RMA unit but this is all i get:

NO CASSE NUMBER....but contact us within the next 24 hours....

is there any phone no from EU for support???

NAS316ticket.jpg

Can anyone  from Netgear help me?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Kardano,

I endorsed this to support. Hopefully, they will be able to contact you.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies
Kardano
Luminary

Some other info.

RN316 stops at 86 percent of booting with nmb.service. raidar see unit as: System is starting up.

I have SSH access to the unit. can anyone help me with my unit in this state so i can do some backup?

Message 2 of 13
Kardano
Luminary

I resolved booting with OS reinstall SSH command from Chirpa, so my data are accessible now.

I need to contact Netgear  and do something with my unit's touchpad. (RMA perhaps) but with NO case number and no phone for EU.... Can anyone from Netgear help me please?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @Kardano, there are some phone numbers to contact Netgear in Germany behind this link. Fortunately, I did not have to try this so far.

https://www.netgear.de/home/contact-us/

For other European countries you might want to try modifying the link accordingly.

Godd luck and kind regards

Message 4 of 13
Kardano
Luminary

NO HELP OR CONTACT from anyone from Netgear....but i get this e-mail:

A reply to a topic you are following has been accepted as a solution!

Some other info.

RN316 stops at 86 percent of booting with nmb.service. raidar see unit as: System is starting up.

I have SSH access to the unit. can anyone help me with my unit in this state so i can do some backup?

Message 5 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@Kardano wrote:

NO HELP OR CONTACT from anyone from Netgear....but i get this e-mail:

Have you tried calling them?  Another option is to directly request an RMA from my.netgear.com ("replace my defective product" on https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/portal/myOnlineTicket.aspx)

You can also try sending an email to customer.service@netgear.com.

Also, have you checked the warranty status on your RN316?  Might be good to confirm that it is still covered before you reach out again to support.

Message 6 of 13
Kardano
Luminary

Hello,

i tried request RMA from my.netgear.com ("replace my defective product") and i get respose with NO case number (as is shown on 1st entry of this  conversation). Netgear messed up my unit registration so now my.netgear.com (and repairing registrations is not done after nearly a year from reporting to them) telling me that i have NO HW warranty (I bought RN316 2017/12) Funny.

Problem on my RN316 is thar front touch panel is freezing sometimes. Stay lit and not accepting any touch. Seems like no big problem, but in this case i need to go to Boot menu. I get into the boot menu...and panel is lit and unresponsive. I tried more than 10 time. no help. i waited about an hour in bootmenu, no help. So with unresponsive touch panel i am unable ti use boot menu. Not a good options.

i try to write to the Netgear e-mail. I was hoping that someone from netgear may to chweck if there is some case no for me or not.

Message 7 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@Kardano wrote:

i tried request RMA from my.netgear.com ("replace my defective product") and i get respose with NO case number (as is shown on 1st entry of this  conversation). Netgear messed up my unit registration so now my.netgear.com (and repairing registrations is not done after nearly a year from reporting to them) telling me that i have NO HW warranty (I bought RN316 2017/12) 

i try to write to the Netgear e-mail. I was hoping that someone from netgear may to chweck if there is some case no for me or not.

@JohnCM_S - is this something you can help with?

Message 8 of 13
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Kardano

Let me check if I can help you with this.

You can PM me the serial number of the NAS and also the email address that you are using for your MyNETGEAR account.

Regards,

Message 9 of 13
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Kardano,

We just fixed the warranty entitlement of your device. Can you check if you can create a case online?

Regards,

Message 10 of 13
Kardano
Luminary

@JohnCM_S 

i tried to open new cas. No ca number again. I sended you PM with image of result.

Message 11 of 13
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Kardano,

I endorsed this to support. Hopefully, they will be able to contact you.

Regards,

Message 12 of 13
Kardano
Luminary

Thank you very much.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements