× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN316 touch pad lights itself after opening and closing the door

fatmonk
Aspirant

RN316 touch pad lights itself after opening and closing the door

Hi,

If I open the door (the one with the touch pad on it) to the left most (at maximum angel), and then close it, the touch pad gets lit by itself. If I open the door at a smaller angel and close it, the touch pad does not get lit. If I open the door to the left most, but close it extremely gently (at an extremely extremely slow speed), the door does not get lit either.

Is this a normal behavior? Is it designed to be lit when closing the door? Thanks.

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN316 touch pad lights itself after opening and closing the door

Hi @fatmonk

The lights should stay off when you are not touching the pad or like what @Sandshark mentioned, the proximity sensor is being triggered. 

it is possible that the sensor is being triggered automatically or by your hand/object, or by the shake of the door when being closed.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

It's designed with a proximity sensor.  When you open it all the way, your hand or a nearby object is likely getting close enough to set it off.

Message 2 of 4
fatmonk
Aspirant

wrote:

It's designed with a proximity sensor.  When you open it all the way, your hand or a nearby object is likely getting close enough to set it off.

Thanks for the reply.

Did you mean my hand was close enough to set it on? Becuase the lights cannot be manually turned off, they can only go off after timeout if no further operation on the touch pad.

So when I close the door, should the lights on by themselve or not? I have tried holding only the edge of the door to make sure I didn't triger the sensor, but still the lights auto turned on when closing the door. I'm not sure if this is by design.

Message 3 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @fatmonk

The lights should stay off when you are not touching the pad or like what @Sandshark mentioned, the proximity sensor is being triggered. 

it is possible that the sensor is being triggered automatically or by your hand/object, or by the shake of the door when being closed.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements