× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN3220 Ethernet ports problems

midim
Aspirant

RN3220 Ethernet ports problems

Dear members,
Any help is appreciated. We are experiencing problems with our storage RN3220.
For 2 weeks now we are looking for the problem with ehternet ports on the unit. After double checking all the connections physical - testing cables etc. and logical ones. I could not run the interfaces on 1Ge speeds. They work only on 100Mb.
The access to the device is very reduced due to this bottleneck with the speeds of the interfaces.

As an attachment is the complete log for the device.
Systemlog
Any help is appreciated. Just to mention that this unit was sent as replacement of old one which was RMA-ed to factory due to previous problems with PSUs and kernel errors.
Thank you in advance!

Model: RN3220|ReadyNAS 3220 (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN3220 Ethernet ports problems

It's best not to post links to your full logs.

I am seeing that eth3 has negotiated the full gigabit link speed, so I suggest breaking the bond for now, and just using eth3. Disconnecting the eth2 might have the same effect (though you might need to reboot the NAS or the switch)  You could also try changing the switch ports for eth3 and eth2, and see if the problem moves with the switch ports.

This could of course be a problem with the NAS.  I suggest confirming your warranty status, and (if you are covered) contacting paid support (my.netgear.com)

Message 2 of 4
midim
Aspirant

After thought that the problem is resolved with changing ports and excluding the cabling as a problem. 
We tested the server room cabling with Fluke Versiv tester. Everything is ok. 
When the problem ports are disconnected and reconnected - sometimes the device decides to go with 100Mbit, sometimes on 1Gbit
I have a case number, but firstly after trying the suggested steps from support I closed the case, but the problem still exists.

Model: RN322121E|ReadyNAS 3220
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Can you test with a different switch? I think you've tried everything else.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements