× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN4220 and SNMP connected UPS

Garet
Aspirant

RN4220 and SNMP connected UPS

I have a readynas 4220 running firmware 6.4.0. It is connected to a network enabled UPS. ( APC Symmetra LX 8000 RM ) I am polling the UPS with SNMP v1. 

I am getting " System: Error communicating with UPS 'Symetra' () " then 10 sec later " System: Communication with UPS 'Symetra' () is OK. "

This runs in spurts. Quiet for a few hours, then 16 in about 2 hours of time. The UPS is not logging any alerts or error activity. 

Is this a proven connection method with a UPS? Or a feature that is not used much or is troublesome?

I have 3 network connections running to the switch. 1g and 10g copper. Should not be a bandwidth issue.

Garet

Message 1 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN4220 and SNMP connected UPS

Hello Garet,

Did you upgrade the firmware just recently and got this problem or you already are experiencing this even on previous FW versions?

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
Garet
Aspirant

I did not have it setup with the previous firmware. The current level is 6.4.0.

I did bond 2 10g network connections to the switch. But it did not change anything.

Garet

Message 3 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Garet,

Have you tried another USB port on the NAS? It may be possible it is the USB port where the UPS is connected stops detecting anything plugged in to it.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
Garet
Aspirant

It is a network ups. there are not any USB connections.

Garet

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements