× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN628X V6.10.3 Issues Connecting with MAC OS 10.15.4

McRob1
Luminary

RN628X V6.10.3 Issues Connecting with MAC OS 10.15.4

I have been having an issue maintaining a network connection on a local network between my iMac running OS 10.15.4 and my RN628X running OS 6.10.3.  After spending an hour with Apple support yesterday I was told by Apple that the iMac was not the issue and that it must be the Netgear NAS.

The problem is after a boot up of the iMac all share connections work correctly without any issues.  Then randomly I can no longer connect to any of the local NAS628 shares.  If I reboot the iMac all works correctly again for 1 to 2 hours.

I have rebooted the NAS and of course the iMac multiple times and the problem continues.

This issue only surfaced within the last 6 months or so.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this annoying issue?

Model: RN628X|ReadyNAS 628X - Ultimate Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
McRob1
Luminary

Re: RN628X V6.10.3 Issues Connecting with MAC OS 10.15.4

JohnCM_S

Thanks for your private response.

It appears that the NAS SMB software is crashing and causing the connectivity issues with my iMac.

Your suggestion to contact Netgear support in order to escilate the issue to Level 3 is a great idea.

The only problem is I will have to pay a minimum of approximately $50.00 for support to address what is most likely a NAS software issue.

I guess I will have to reboot the iMac every few hours.

Thanks for trying.

View solution in original post

Model: RN628X|ReadyNAS 628X - Ultimate Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Can you access the NAS admin web ui after the problem occurs?

Message 2 of 6
McRob1
Luminary

Yes,  I can access the Admin page without issue and a Windows 10 PC has complete access to all shares without issue.  Only the iMac has issues.

Message 3 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi McRob1,

Is the iMac accessing the shared folders via SMB?

You may download the system logs then send them to me so we can check. You can upload it to a file-sharing site then send me the download link via private message.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
McRob1
Luminary

JohnCM_S

Yes the iMac is accessing the shared filders via SMB only.  I don't have AFP turned on.

I have sent you a link to access the system logs as requested.

Thanks for looking.

Message 5 of 6
McRob1
Luminary

JohnCM_S

Thanks for your private response.

It appears that the NAS SMB software is crashing and causing the connectivity issues with my iMac.

Your suggestion to contact Netgear support in order to escilate the issue to Level 3 is a great idea.

The only problem is I will have to pay a minimum of approximately $50.00 for support to address what is most likely a NAS software issue.

I guess I will have to reboot the iMac every few hours.

Thanks for trying.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements