× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND2000v1 is not start

miglanc
Aspirant

RND2000v1 is not start

Hi,

My RND2000v1 is not starting. Power led, disk leds, all leds are blinking 3 times fast and stopping for 5-10 sec and doing it again. I tried without disks and with one disk in first bay and second bay, nothing change. I tried reset it using the reset button on back and nothing happened. Also tried recover boot from usb, as well nothing happened. Any ideas?

Best regards.

Model: RND2000v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 1 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RND2000v1 is not start

Hi miglanc,

Welcome to the Community!

Do you have RAIDar installed on a computer? If yes, does it detect the NAS even if there are no disks inside it?

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
miglanc
Aspirant

Unfortunately is not detected by RAIDar with or without disks. Is not even show up in index connected devices on my router.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Usually the Duo's error codes start with three fast blinks, followed by 1-5 slow blinks: 

LED blink behavior for 2 disk systems is three quick blinks of all disk LEDs and the backup LED, followed by an 1s delay, followed by a number of slow blinks.  The number of slow blinks will be the error code.

Current error codes:
1 - Vendor mismatch
2 - No disks detected
3 - Bad contents on root partition of disks
4 - Flash error
5 - Unsupported RAID configuration
You might double-check to confirm that you aren't seeing one of these patterns.

If you aren't seeing one of the codes above, I think the next step is to try the memory test that is built into the boot menu.  This is described on pages 15-16 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf

FWIW, there isn't much that can be fixed - about all you can do is
  • attempt a USB recovery procedure
  • replace the memory

Do you have data that you need to extract from the NAS?  Or do you have a backup?

Message 4 of 6
miglanc
Aspirant

My apologies for late response. I was unavailable for long time.

If is possible to recover data from raid 0 via PC?

Regarding repair, I don't want to fix this NAS is to slow anyway for UHD. I will buy new one.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

You could try RAID recovery software.  R-Studio is worth a try.  If that fails, perhaps try the more expensive ReclaiMe.  I believe both will show you what files they can recover before you purchase.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements