× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND2150 Disk Tray Struck

Preppie
Aspirant

RND2150 Disk Tray Struck

I have an older NAS RND2150 (2009 vintage). I recently lost a disk and found out my disk tray is stuck. This is the older style disk tray where the release is an indented circular button. Both trays do not respond to pushing in the circular release button.Any suggestions on how to release the tray from the chassis? Thanks.

Model: RND2150v1|READYNAS DUO v1 (500GB: 1 X 500GB)|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Preppie
Aspirant

Re: RND2150 Disk Tray Struck

Thanks. The 2nd method worked like a charm. I had to shine a light on it to see the plastic peice that needed to move.

View solution in original post

Model: RND2150|ReadyNAS Duo 500GB (1 X 500GB)
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

There are two possible ways.  One is to try inserting a bent paperclip into the hole in the center of the button. 

If that fails, you can also insert a small screwdriver or bent paperclip into one of the "B" slot(s) as shown below.  There is plastic piece behind those slots (marked in cyan in the picture) that you push towards the button to release the latch.  FWIW, I've had better luck using the second method.

stucktrayrelease.png

Message 2 of 3
Preppie
Aspirant

Thanks. The 2nd method worked like a charm. I had to shine a light on it to see the plastic peice that needed to move.

Model: RND2150|ReadyNAS Duo 500GB (1 X 500GB)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements