× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RND4000 NV+ v1 kicked off network

holmessh
Aspirant

RND4000 NV+ v1 kicked off network

I have the NV+ V1 for many years.  Power supplied has been replaced once 2 years ago.  Now the unit is kicked off the network after a while.  It could be 15 mins or a few hours.  Here is more details:

- Replaced power supply 2 years ago.  Recently had sent back and had tested the power supply and it came back fine.

- All disk shown healthy (they're all replaced within 2 years)

- ACT light is blinking once every 5 seconds

- Power button blue light is on, not blinking

- Power button is useless, has to unplug to shut down unit

- Unit is fine after a O/S reinstall

- Will work for a random time range from 15 min to a few hours.  Then it will kick off the network. RAIDar cannot detect it.

- SMB 1.0 Client has been turned on.

- model: RDN4000 v1

- S/N: 000D-A201-7757

Please help.

Model: ReadyNASRND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

It might be a filling OS partition.  So you could enable SSH, and look more closely at that.  An alternative would be to do a factory reset on the NAS, try to rebuild it, and restore the data from the backup.  If it's an issue with a corrupt or full OS, that would clear it.

Of course it might also be something with the chassis hardware (failing memory, etc).  So maybe run the memory test from the boot menu.  You could also temporarily remove the disks, and install a scratch disk. then configure it similarly, and load it with some data - and see if it fails the same way.

It's perhaps time for you to consider moving on to a new NAS - repurposing the NV+ as a backup NAS if you can get through this issue.  That's what I've done with my own v1.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

It might be a filling OS partition.  So you could enable SSH, and look more closely at that.  An alternative would be to do a factory reset on the NAS, try to rebuild it, and restore the data from the backup.  If it's an issue with a corrupt or full OS, that would clear it.

Of course it might also be something with the chassis hardware (failing memory, etc).  So maybe run the memory test from the boot menu.  You could also temporarily remove the disks, and install a scratch disk. then configure it similarly, and load it with some data - and see if it fails the same way.

It's perhaps time for you to consider moving on to a new NAS - repurposing the NV+ as a backup NAS if you can get through this issue.  That's what I've done with my own v1.

Message 2 of 3
holmessh
Aspirant

Thank you for the prompt respond.  Yes it is pretty old and I plan to repurpose it in a couple of years if possible.

I'll do what you suggested and if nothing works, I guess I'll have to get a new NAS.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements