× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND4250 Invalid Serial Number when Warranty Check/Register

pmilakewood
Follower

RND4250 Invalid Serial Number when Warranty Check/Register

Hi all,

The power supply went bad on our ReadyNAS NV+ RND4250, i am trying to do a warranty check however it says the serial number must be 13 or 16 characters. Also tried to register it, same red error message. Mine is 12, in three groups of four. Listed on two places of the readynas, under it and the power supply has a sticker on it too.

I tried support contact the free support, they said ReadyNas has a seperate dept and gave me the phone number. I called them and the gentleman seemed he didnt understand, and ended up telling me im at the wrong dept cause his dept was only for pro support, transferred me back to free support. But they said they dont know about ReadyNAS. I explained i was simply trying to do a warrany register or check, they still werent any help, seemed they just wanted to get on to the next caller. readynas_pic.jpg

Model: RND4250v1|READYNAS NV+ v1 (1TB: 2 X 500GB)|EOL
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: RND4250 Invalid Serial Number when Warranty Check/Register

@pmilakewood wrote:

The power supply went bad on our ReadyNAS NV+ RND4250, i am trying to do a warranty check 

They stopped building the ReadyNAS NV+ back in 2011. In the very early days of (~2007-2008), they used the ethernet MAC address as the serial number.  You appear to have one of those old units.

The warranty for the NV+ was 5 years for the original purchaser - so your warranty would be long expired.

It is possible to replace the PSU, though given the age of the NAS it might be better to switch to something newer.  Any current NAS would be faster.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements