× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND4410

wny
Aspirant
Aspirant

RND4410

RND4410 went down. Only drives1 and 3 light on front of unit. Unit not recognized in on line scan. Do I have to insert drives into another identical drive, RND4410, or can I safely insert into another 4000 series RAID to recover my data because of architechture?

Model: RND4410|ReadyNAS NV+ 4TB (4 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: RND4410

First, your assumption that the problem is with the NAS and not on the drives is a bit pre-mature.  The OS is loaded on the drives, so it may not be the hardware at all.  What display do you see when this happens, if any?  If you remove the drives and power on, what display do you see?

Assuming it is the NAS chassis (and the power supply therein is certainly a leading candidate), you would need another NAS running OS 4.1.x.  Netgear part numbers are a bit challenging (there are more than one "4000 series", depending on the leading letters), but I know another NV+ V1, and older NV, an the early (1000 and 10100) 4-bay rack-mount) will work.  An NV+ V2 will not work (but a lot of V1's are sold as "V2 or even V3 because of a confusing change in versioning Netgear made).  If the NV+ has an internal supply, it's a V1.

There are also other data recovery approaches if you have no backup.

Message 2 of 3
wny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: RND4410

Thanks for your input.

I will try your suggestion and see what comes up.

This technology is a bit out of my wheelhouse.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements