× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RNDP 6350 BIOS update

Igor_d
Aspirant

RNDP 6350 BIOS update

Good day.

I want to upgrade my processor from stock E2160 to e7600. Do I need to update BIOS for this?

I have seen reference to updating the bios to make the e7600 work, howerver I cannot see any bios files to download.

Can anyone give instructions on how to update the BIOS?

vendor: NETGEAR
model: ReadyNAS Pro RNDP 6350

RAIDiator!!version=4.2.27
The current BIOS version is

bios_ver.log

10/03/2008 FLAME6-MB V1.6.

Model: RNDP6350|ReadyNAS Pro 6 1.5TB (3 x 500GB Enterprise)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: RNDP 6350 BIOS update

Yes, you will need an update to go to the E7600.  I believe the fastest you can go with that BIOS version is the E6600.  Since you are still on OS4.2.x, you can simply install this add-on to do the update: http://www.readynas.com/download/addons/x86/4.2/BIOS_Update_Package_0.5-x86.bin .  If you've not already added RAM, you may want to do that as well.  It will make the unit a bit faster, and it better prepares you to go to OS6, if you choose to do so.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Yes, you will need an update to go to the E7600.  I believe the fastest you can go with that BIOS version is the E6600.  Since you are still on OS4.2.x, you can simply install this add-on to do the update: http://www.readynas.com/download/addons/x86/4.2/BIOS_Update_Package_0.5-x86.bin .  If you've not already added RAM, you may want to do that as well.  It will make the unit a bit faster, and it better prepares you to go to OS6, if you choose to do so.

Message 2 of 5
Igor_d
Aspirant

@Sandshark  many thanks! 😃

Original BIOS now upgraded to v02.61

123123123.jpg

Now I want to upgrade the RAM to 8GB on my RNDP6350.
Maybe you know the exact model of DDR2 RAM that will work?

Message 3 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

The proper RAM to go to 8GB is hard to find and expensive when you do find it.  You will also see very little improvement above 4GB unless you run a lot of memory-intensive apps.

You need PC2-6400 Non-registered, non-ECC, 2Rx8 (low density) RAM.  Few at the time this was common were running a 64-bit OS that could use more than 4GB except for a server that typically used ECC and/or registered RAM, which is what makes it hard to find.  2Rx4 (high density) RAM is also often labeled "AMD only", and will not work.

I usually go for CL5 or better, though I'm not sure how much that helps.  I've used several brands without issue, usually used on eBay.  Going with faster RAM won't help.  Though the E7400 is capable of a higher FSB speed, the motherboard is hardwired for 800MHz.

Message 4 of 5
Igor_d
Aspirant

Many thanks! 😃

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements