× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RNDU2000 - Disk not recognised after factory reset.

mistry_nitesh
Follower

RNDU2000 - Disk not recognised after factory reset.

Hi,

I have a RNDU2000 NAS Drive, with 1 x 2TB Drive  (Samsung (2TB/R54/32M) Model: HD204UI) inside.  For years the drive & disk were working fine, although I did not use it very often.  However recently I lost and forgot all the settings for the device and decided to factory reset the whole thing as I wanted to start from scratch.

The drive is working and the firmware and software for the drive are fine the device is appearing on my local LAN and has has an IP address.  However the H/D inside is now reporting as being corrupt or not recognised by the NAS Drive.  When going through the setup procedure for the NAS drive it shows as no Volume being present even though the H/D is inside.  I have tried to swap the H/D from Bay 1 to Bay 2 and vice versa, but get the same issue.  I have even factory reset the complete NAS Drive a couple of times but still can't get the H/D to be recognised.

At this point I came to the conclusion that the H/D was faulty and so to test the H/D I placed it into an external caddy and found that using disk management on Windows there was nothing wrong with the H/D.  I formatted the H/D to NTFS (and tried exFAT), using windows and it works fine, however I cannot get the NAS drive to recognise the drive.

Please can anyone help or advise me how I can get this H/D to work with my NAS Drive?

Model: RNDU2000 |READYNAS ULTRA 2 |EOL
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Try removing all the partitions from one disk with Windows disk manager (note it calls them "volumes").  Then insert that disk into slot 1, leaving the other slot empty.  If you power up the NAS, it should then do a fresh factory install.

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Once you get it all working, now is also a perfect opportunity for you to decide if you want to move your Ultra to OS6 since that requires a Factory Default.  Lots of positives regarding a more up to date OS.  But negative is that you lose any Netgear support (including paid support).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements