× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RNDU6000 not able to work with Windows 10 says the share requires the SMB1 protocol

Ausphotos
Aspirant

RNDU6000 not able to work with Windows 10 says the share requires the SMB1 protocol

Message says I require the obsolete SMB1 protocol to work with the share, however the  syetem requires SMB2 or higher.  Frontview says I have the latest firmware running already . Is there anything I can do?

Hostname:nas-0E-E9-5E
Model:ReadyNAS Ultra 6 [X-RAID2]
Serial:2EE731RM005B4
Firmware:RAIDiator 4.2.31 
Memory:1024 MB [DDR2]
IPv4 address: 1:10.0.0.15
IPv4 address: 2:Not Connected
Volume C:Online, X-RAID2, 6 disks, 87% of 13 TB used
Model: RNDU6000 |READYNAS ULTRA 6 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RNDU6000 not able to work with Windows 10 says the share requires the SMB1 protocol

Hi @Ausphotos

You may want to enable SMB1 support on your Windows 10 under Add/Remove programs then Turn On/Off Windows features.

Ultra 6 running on RAIDiator 4.2.31 will only support SMB1, You may want to upgrade to a newer model with OS 6 firmware or upgrade your Ultra 6 to OS 6 but this will require a factory default so back up of your data is needed before doing so. You may want to check this thread if you plan to upgrade the firmware.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 5
bedlam1
Prodigy

Re: RNDU6000 not able to work with Windows 10 says the share requires the SMB1 protocol

Reading  this THREAD, which relates to various NAS OS 4.2.x models, may be more focussed than wading through the 1275 posts in the thread quoted above

Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Ausphotos

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
Ausphotos
Aspirant

Thanks Marc,

I have purchased a second set of drives for my 4 Bay NAS, so I can transfer data to it from the 6 bay when I get it connected. I think I will transfer the data and then attempt to upgrade to OS 6. If that fails, I guess I am looking at another 6 bay unit that is more recent. At this time I have not finished the format and resync on the 4 Bay unit so I cant say how it has worked or not yet 🙂

Mark

Model: ReadyNAS RNDU6000|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Chassis only
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements