× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ROS 6.10 Upgtrade on 528X

btaroli
Prodigy

ROS 6.10 Upgtrade on 528X

Just noted, when using BUI upgrade from 6.9.5+hotfix to 6.10 seemed not to work the first time. Reported 6.9.5 still after reboot, but was responsive. I tried a /second/ time and now it seems to have applied and has hotfix 2.

I have a 516 to remotely upgrade, and wondered if there is a way to stage the installer to go directly to 6.10+hotfix2?

Model: RN528X|ReadyNAS 528X - Premium Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ROS 6.10 Upgtrade on 528X

@btaroli wrote:

Just noted, when using BUI upgrade from 6.9.5+hotfix to 6.10 seemed not to work the first time. Reported 6.9.5 still after reboot, but was responsive. I tried a /second/ time and now it seems to have applied and has hotfix 2.

I saw that also with my RN526x.  Though it did work the first time on my RN524.

@btaroli wrote:

I have a 516 to remotely upgrade, and wondered if there is a way to stage the installer to go directly to 6.10+hotfix2?

I don't think so.  The hot-fix should install pretty quickly in the background.  I think it only took a few minutes with my RN526x, but I wasn't paying that close attention.

Netgear could update the full download on their servers (to integrate the hotfix into the main install package).  But as far as I can tell, they aren't doing that.

Message 2 of 3
btaroli
Prodigy

Re: ROS 6.10 Upgtrade on 528X

I like the ability for them to roll out hotfixes. But if the base version is having install problems and that's what you get with an auto-update, it would really behoove them to fix /that/, so people don't keep tripping over the same problems as they responsd to prompts to upgrade.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements