× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RadyNAS 104 "retry startup"

tomiaurednik
Tutor

RadyNAS 104 "retry startup"

Hi,

The NAS 104 4TB WD40EFRX has two hard disk conect in miror. After 4 months of operation, beckup mail and web servers without any reason ceases to operate. Now I can not restart after booting still remains to retry startup. I tried everything I found on the internet, with the exception of factory reset that would delete the data.
Netgear ReadyNAS RAIDAR find my IP, but I can not open my ip admin page. But I can ping it. I can access to ReadyNAS shares folder but can't access NAS folder, i even don't see them.
mem & HDD tests passed ok (no errors). Because this is my beckup, I hope I'll save without losing data.
I ask you where to get useful hints and guidelines to help optimize it. Any concrete links. Please send me step by step guide, how to pass "retray startup".

Any help will be appreciate .
Tnak you
Message 1 of 8
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: RadyNAS 104 "retry startup"

What is the current FW version of your RN104 shown on RAIDar?
Did you uninstall any App/s?
Message 2 of 8
tomiaurednik
Tutor

No FW is shown od RADIar. Only MAC address, Model, Host name, IP and telnet (58418).
I do not remember more, I think I installed version 6.06 or something, maybe 6,17 ...

app : I didn't.
Message 3 of 8
tomiaurednik
Tutor

RADIar : In first column I have fix blue LED (this sign I dont have in legend) only blue blinking LED in legend= Background task active A lengthy background task such as a system update is in progress.
Message 4 of 8
tomiaurednik
Tutor

I rebooted without hdds. And then again with hdds. Some notice on NAS LED screen: "retry startup.
I closed and reopened RADIar and now I can se in first column green light and FW is 6.1.7. Also setup and browse buttuns become enabled.

I was managed to ener htpss://myIP/admin but warrning appears: device is offline. And after trayed to made connection I gor error: connection lost. Don't reboot, call support.

now:
connect NAS with cable to my PC and setup?
Message 5 of 8
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Message 6 of 8
tomiaurednik
Tutor

I already did't for several times. Didn't work.
Thnak you anyway.
Message 7 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This issue relates to a corrupt sqlite3 database. That's the symptom. As to what the cause is, is another matter.

An OS re-install won't fix this.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements