× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Raidar 6.0 on Windows 10

TOMA1
Tutor

Raidar 6.0 on Windows 10

After running the "Installer" (RAIDar.exe) the program requests opening the firewall for access and then the application starts. What seems to be missing is the creation of icons/shortcuts/start menu items to use the program. The only way to start the program is to re-run the "Installer".

Am I missing something?

RAIDar v4.3.8 "Installer" works fine.

Message 1 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Raidar 6.0 on Windows 10

Hi TOMA1,

Will it be possible if you will browse for the program or directory folder in your C:  then create a desktop or shortcut folder?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 9
TOMA1
Tutor

I could put the installer file (RAIDar.exe) in a folder and create a shortcut to it, or place the fie on my desktop but...

The point of my post is that the "Installer" doesn't seem to be working.

Message 3 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TOMA1,

Was the PC user login used have admin rights? Tried this on a Windows 10 PC and never had a problem.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 9
TOMA1
Tutor

Yes. I tried it on two machines.

Message 5 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TOMA1,

As a follow-up to further isolate the problem, have you tried to download again the RAIDar 6.0 installer then try to install again on your Windows 10 PC/s?  Also, if there are software firewall/s or anti-virus runngin on your WIndows 10 PC/s, kindly try to disable it then install RAIDar 6.0

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 9
TOMA1
Tutor

Yes, I have done those things repeatedly.

The only sign of anything happening with the installer is the creation of %user%\Appdata\Local\RAIDar\RAIDar.exe 1064kb.

Assuming this is the executable for the program, yet no icons/shortcuts/start menu items.

Vs. RAIDar 4.3.8 creation of "Programs Files(x86)\Netgear ReadyNAS\..." and creation of icons/shortcuts/start menu items

Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

When I download and execute it, RAIDar 6.0 launches and runs - it does not install.  The executable remains in my download directory.

Message 8 of 9
TOMA1
Tutor

I Agree. That is the same thing I get.

As I said: "The only sign of anything happening with the installer is the creation of %user%\Appdata\Local\RAIDar\RAIDar.exe 1064kb"

This is a smaller executable than the "Installer" but does start/run the program.

If this were just a stand alone program I would understand and just place it on the desktop.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements