× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Raidar, Java & OSX Yosemite

whgmkeller1
Aspirant

Raidar, Java & OSX Yosemite

Hi there. I use OSX Yosemite, latest updates, and a Netgear Pioneer Pro Edition and a NV+ V2.

I'm trying to install Raidar, but OSX tells me that this needs an older Java version (6) to be installed.

What do I do? All my other programs that use Java need the latest version to be installed.

Thanks for any pointers. Greet, Willem (Netherlands)
Message 1 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What do you need to use RAIDar for?
Message 2 of 11
bkaplin
Aspirant

I'm in the same boat (fresh Yosemite & trying to update RAIDar app to 4.3.8 ), and getting "need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime" message. I'm trying to manage a ReadyNAS NV+V2 (install firmware upgrades, change spin down/power settings, etc), so I'd like the latest app, but not thrilled about Java, esp an old version that looks like it's no longer supported. I know I could upgrade the firmware from another system, but I'd rather do this from my main machine. Thanks for any thoughts, options & recommendations.
Message 3 of 11
Nhellie
Virtuoso

raidar is a tool to monitor and access the interface of the NAS, you cannot use raidar to update/upgrade or change settings on the on the NAS unit.

you can simply use https://IP_Adress_of_NAS/Admin (ex https://192.168.3.4/admin) and it will take you to the login screen of the frontview.
Message 4 of 11
bkaplin
Aspirant

Thank you! I knew I could go direct to the NAS's IP, but I guess I didn't realize theres nothing I couldn't do there that I could with the RAIDar App. Thanks again Nhellie for keeping my system free of unneeded cruft!
Message 5 of 11
Nhellie
Virtuoso

You're welcome! Raidar uses a simple protocol to get the NAS' IP and display status like HDD health, FW version, temperature etc. but that is about it. All of the configurations are done on the frontview.
Message 6 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

RAIDar is used for switching between X-RAID and Flex-RAID on our legacy devices when doing a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything).
Message 7 of 11
Nhellie
Virtuoso

mdgm wrote:
RAIDar is used for switching between X-RAID and Flex-RAID on our legacy devices when doing a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything).

ahhh... yes. I remember that.. the setup wizard.
Message 8 of 11
pogacsa
Aspirant

hi,

any idea how to avoid installing old java6 as having latest jdk 8 on my laptop?

Can be raidar recompiled with a newer java?

thx
Message 9 of 11
Nhellie
Virtuoso

pogacsa wrote:
hi,

any idea how to avoid installing old java6 as having latest jdk 8 on my laptop?

Can be raidar recompiled with a newer java?

thx

Not that I know of, what raidar version are you using?
Message 10 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you want to use a current version of Java try our new RAIDar beta: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=80240
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements