× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas reports disc full

GearsofNet
Follower

EDIT: Found it, I'm guessing it's under System>Volume>Gear icon next to the disk? =D

Is there a way to increase the auto clean up from 5%? The NAS keeps on telling me I have less than 10% space left as Disk Full warnings.

Thanks!

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @GearsofNet

I have moved your message as a new post.

You may want to look at Snapshot pruning when it comes to auto clean up. You can adjust how it will occur on the settings menu of the volume tab under System>Volume and clicking on the gear icon.

I would still advise managing snapshots, data and to lookout for your notifications/alerts to make sure you avoid any possible issues on getting the disks full. Running volume maintenance on a schedule is also a good practice.

You can check on this articles for more information,

Snapshot Management

Volume Maintenance

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 4
TeknoJnky
Hero

to free up space you should go through your shares and delete any old unneeded snapshots still hanging around, these will be removed in the background and eventually release usable space (obviously it depends on how much space they were taking up in the first place though)

The low disk messages are for your benefit, as your volume gets fuller, the slower it will get.

that said, I think you can uncheck the warnings in the notifications section of the admin panel (I dont have one in front of me, so can't say exactly where).

If you are constanly adding new files, I would recommend you start looking at upgrading to larger disks and/or larger nas.

Message 3 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @GearsofNet

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements