× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadNAS NV+ v3 will not power

eyewanders
Aspirant

ReadNAS NV+ v3 will not power

Please help. Two nights ago our ReadyNAS was powered down normally to move to a different location. Nothing out of the oridinary happened. There is no hot or burned smell from the unit, but now it is compeltely unresponsive when attempting to power on. A second power cable was tried in a known-good second outlet as well, still no fan spin-up, no lights, nothing. I suppose it could be time to upgrade the unit which I'd actually been research (of course), but there is a significant amount of new data needed since the last full back up. 
ser#23J3027A00890

It is v3 (not v2) - MODEL 4210-100NAS

Model: ReadyNASRND4210v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
eyewanders
Aspirant

Re: ReadNAS NV+ v3 will not power

Well I suppose this can be marked as solved before it was ever replied. I contacted a friend/coworker who had an older gen-1 NV+ lying around not being used. I picked it up and swapped its PSU into my unit and I'm back up and running (and prepping for a giant data offload since I don't trust this PSU any more than the one that just failed, particularly since it's nearly 2 years older). At any rate, this takes care of my issue obvioulsy for the time being.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
eyewanders
Aspirant

Well I suppose this can be marked as solved before it was ever replied. I contacted a friend/coworker who had an older gen-1 NV+ lying around not being used. I picked it up and swapped its PSU into my unit and I'm back up and running (and prepping for a giant data offload since I don't trust this PSU any more than the one that just failed, particularly since it's nearly 2 years older). At any rate, this takes care of my issue obvioulsy for the time being.

Message 2 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Support do have the ability for this model to sell a replacement PSU whilst stocks last if the old PSU has failed.

However the NV+ v1 hardware revision 3 is quite an old model now. You can get much better performance with any of our current models.

Message 3 of 7
eyewanders
Aspirant

It has indeed failed. Running fine for the time being with the donor PSU. I intend to move to a new NAS this week. May keep this one around for redundancy as long as it keeps chugging along. We'll see. Thanks for the reply. I did check and found replacements (PSU) for around $125 - clearly not a wise investment at this point.

Message 4 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

A replacement PSU is available for a much lower price if you don't mind swapping a couple pins on the connector.  Search the forum for "legacy power supply" and see the post from me about this.

Message 5 of 7
eyewanders
Aspirant

That seems a much more frugal solution. Truth be told, I'd be fine with that however I know myself well enough that it would simply be added to the pile of 'small projects' I already never get around to. 🙂 I'll likely just retire this one if I cannot source a reasonable direct replacement and sell as-is for parts or what not. Thanks for the information though, very much.

Message 6 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi eyewanders,

As mdgm mentioned, support can offer you a PSU as a replacement part if you want to still want to give it a try. I suggest that you give them call to know the pricing. 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements