× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadNAS can not access data volume anymore

sneaker_net
Aspirant

ReadNAS can not access data volume anymore

*** this message was posted in german in the German Forum as well / the wording of below cited system messages may not be accurate (translation of german messages) ***

ReadyNAS NVX / RAIDiator 4.2.18 / 3 x WD20EADS, 1 x WD30EZRX

I started to replace my four 2TB disks with 3TB ones.

The replacement of my first disk ended up with the following message (translated from german): "RAID synchronisation ended for array C. But the array stays in aligned (??) mode. The reason might be an error during the synch of a harddisk or a harddisk failure in an multi-parity array." In consequence only half of my shares were accessible.

I then decided to re-boot the ReadyNAS with the disk check option set. No error was found ("disk check found no errors"), but since then I have no more shares at all and Frontview protocol shows the following message: "the path for following shares could not be found... This normally happens, when ReadyNAS can not access the data volume anymore. "

What can I do to re-create my shares and access the data volume again? Who can help, please?

Sneaker

P.S. ReadyNAS protocol-file is ready to be posted, if necessary
Message 1 of 3
sneaker_net
Aspirant

Re: ReadNAS can not access data volume anymore

Case# 16416425 opened on August 14th.
Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadNAS can not access data volume anymore

Would probably be a good idea to edit the thread title (i.e. subject of the first post) to include your case number.

The WD30EZRX is not on the compatibility list. So it's possible there is a compatibility issue, but there may not be.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements