× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS 100 - No more space after a failed balance operation

Mahiro
Follower

Ready NAS 100 - No more space after a failed balance operation

Hi,

I was ran out of space on my NAS. I disabled the snapshots on my mounts, and managed to get about 100GB of free space. (but it was still saying I had about 1TB of snapshots which I could not find on the interface).

I launched a balance operation. It got stucked and the NAS was not responding at all. I had to reinstall the firmware (I could not even reboot, I had to unplug it... And it could not boot completely).

After that, the 1TB of snapshots were classified as Data. So I had only 100GB of free space. I checked with SSH and I found a /data/._share/MyShare/.snapshot/ folder, full of big files (and which could easily explain the 1TB of snapshot I had previoulsy). But MyShare is an old share that has been deleted from my NAS for years.

I tried deleting it, but I have a "Read-only file system" errror. When I do a mount -l, I can see :

/dev/md127 on /data type btrfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,nospace_cache,subvolid=5,subvol=/) [5dbf1e0e:data]

I tried to launch a scrub operation, which took plenty of time (days) but is now over. The issue is that I now have only 64KB of free space. Is there something I can do to delete this folder and free some space ?

Thanks !

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Ready NAS 100 - No more space after a failed balance operation

you cannot use command "del" to delete Btrfs snapshot,please try the command as below if you confirmed the old share MyShare was already deleted.

command of listing btrfs snapshots

#btrfs sub list -s /data

delete snapshots

#btrfs sub delete /data/MyShare/.snapshots/*/snapshot

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements