× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS Duo V2 - Login via SSH (Putty) results in "Connection closed by remote host"

DavidBulluss
Aspirant

Ready NAS Duo V2 - Login via SSH (Putty) results in "Connection closed by remote host" error splash

Howdy. Trying to access Duo V2 by SSH using putty. Login works (usename and password correct) but immediately get error message "Connection closed by remote host". I am obviously missing something simple so I hope someone can point me in the correct direction!

Thanks in advance. David

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ready NAS Duo V2 - Login via SSH (Putty) results in "Connection closed by remote host"

You do need to log in as root using the NAS admin password.  Is that what you are doing?

Message 2 of 4
DavidBulluss
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

You do need to log in as root using the NAS admin password.  Is that what you are doing?

I had been logging in as one of the users, but after your response I tried using the admin login and password but I had the same error message.

Message 3 of 4
DavidBulluss
Aspirant

@DavidBulluss wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

I had been logging in as one of the users, but after your response I tried using the admin login and password but I had the same error message.

Now after realizing you meant to use root as the login name it is working. Thanks for that!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements