× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS OS 6.7.1 System Time, Very small detail

jtowntex
Guide

Ready NAS OS 6.7.1 System Time, Very small detail

I noticed a very small detail. I only bring it up because I see obvious errors as being low hanging fruit and you never know what you'll find when you pull on them.

A few days ago I updated to OS 6.7.1 and today I finally turned the AV back on. All seems to work fine except this one petty thing. After the AV updated it listed the date and time of the update in the GUI as 5/17/2017 3:56 AM but the update occurred at 10:14 AM according the logs. The system time is correct for my location.

Wed May 17 2017 10:14:57 System: Antivirus scanner definition file was updated to 57.23392.

So where did the date and time listed in the GUI come from? I checked the time zone map and there is a time zone that could make this happen if the server was there and my system pulled a time stamp from there but it's nothing but ocean. So I can only assume something weird is happening with the way the time/date stamp is being created in the OS - whatever the source of the time/date stamp may be.

It will almost certainly amount to nothing but you never know. The cost of mentioning this unnecessarily is basically nothing while the cost of not mentioning it is literally incalcuable - since I don't know the cause or what else it might impact.

Model: RN31661D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Could it be, that the earlier stamp is the date/time when the new patterns of the antivirus were released and should not be confused with the time it was applied to your system?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Could it be, that the earlier stamp is the date/time when the new patterns of the antivirus were released and should not be confused with the time it was applied to your system?

Message 2 of 4
jtowntex
Guide

Sure, but rather than make assumptions I figured I would let someone who actually knew the answer take a moment to think about it.

Message 3 of 4
jtowntex
Guide

To be clear. I'm sure it was something tiny like that but having no way to know myself I posted this purely for Netgear's benefit. So...accepted.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements