× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS RN102 GUI Missing

NC7U
Follower

Ready NAS RN102 GUI Missing

Firmware is the latest. Can access via ssh.

Long story short! Using ssh with a terminal (linux) thought I was connected to a Raspbery Pi - removed apache2. What I did not realize is that I was actually connected to the NAS RN102! Question is: can I reinstall the OS per article ID 22892 without loosing data?

The article shows a booting option using the front panel LED's - Boot menu, Normal, Factory default, OS reinstall, Tech support, Volume read only, Memory test and Test disk. 

Model: RN10223D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (2x 3TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

The re-install will also set your admin password back to "password" and IP assignment to DHCP (if you happen to currently have it set to static).

It also will turn off quota on the volume settings wheel.  So if you had that enabled, you'll need to turn it on again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

OS re-install does not do anyting to your data.  Just make sure that's what you do, not a factory default.  The re-install will also set your admin password back to "password" and IP assignment to DHCP (if you happen to currently have it set to static).

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

The re-install will also set your admin password back to "password" and IP assignment to DHCP (if you happen to currently have it set to static).

It also will turn off quota on the volume settings wheel.  So if you had that enabled, you'll need to turn it on again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements